• Add spinach, bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms to your omelet. Top with salsa.
• Add spinach, kale, carrots, cucumbers, or 1/2 an avocado to your protein shake.
• Add berries to your oatmeal.
• Add carrots and celery to homemade chicken noodle soup.
• Revamp your salad — add some variety with combos like:
Arugula, beets, walnuts, and goat cheese with a vinaigrette
Greek salad of romaine lettuce, plum tomatoes, black olives, crumbled feta, red onion, bell peppers, and cucumber with a red wine vinaigrette.
Chicken, arugula, apple, and goat cheese.
• Add chopped apples or halved red grapes to chicken salad.
• Add arugula, tomatoes, avocado, or sprouts to sandwiches and wraps.
• Make a black bean salad with corn, tomato, jalapeno, avocado, and lime juice.
• Buy pre-cut veggies and fruits to make it easy and convenient to reach for them when hunger hits.
• Instead of buying the fruit-on-the-bottom yogurts (which have a ton of sugar in them) buy the plain and add berries or pineapple, cinnamon, and a little bit of honey or agave syrup.
• Include zucchini, celery, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms into casseroles, stews, and chili.
• Make a stir fry — cook up a protein and add sugar snap peas, shredded carrots, sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.
• Substitute spaghetti squash in pasta dishes.
• Cut up a head of cabbage and saute it with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a tasty, filling side dish.
• Add spinach or zucchini to lasagna.
• Go meatless and try a vegan recipe from OhSheGlows.com.
• Grill kabobs with chunks of your favorite protein and pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and tomato.
• Roast fresh green beans in the oven sprinkled with olive oil and parmesan cheese.